We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our clients. They include customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these clients are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our clients and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our clients in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
This code of conduct, developed by the Swiss Government, is an internationally recognised framework for the ongoing collaboration of private security companies.
As a strong believer of the ICOC-PSP, Opal Security Ltd. has confirmed and established its duties to respect the human rights, and accomplish civilised responsibilities towards all those involved in all our business activities, and an avid participant of the ICOC-PSP, Opal Security Ltd. is fully dedicated to perform in agreement with the Code.
The full details of the ICOC can be found at: http://www.icoc-psp.org/
Opal Security Ltd. is dedicated to providing a first-class service that ensures a harmless and safe environment for our staff and clients, whilst also minimising the company’s impact on the surrounding atmosphere. We will co-operate with all appropriate environmental rules and regulations in all our activities.
- Incorporate the concern of all environmental situations into all of our executive decision making and activities.
- Encourage environmental awareness among our employees and support them to work in an environmentally dependable behaviour.
- Teach, educate and inform our employees about environmental problems that may affect their work.
- Lessen waste through re-use and recycling and by acquiring recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these substitutes are available, economical and suitable.
- Encourage proficient use of materials and resources throughout our provision as well as water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid preventable use of dangerous materials and products, seek substitutions when possible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Obtain and employ environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Aim to frequently progress our environmental performance and reduce the social impact and damage of activities by regularly monitoring our environmental policy in accordance of our existing and planned future activities.
As Opal Security Ltd. operates in different areas of the United Kingdom, we hold our health and safety policy at a high level of importance. We will: - Supply sufficient management of the health and safety risks which can occur from the activities within our business.
-Discuss with our staff the issues which could possibly affect their health and safety.
- Supply and maintain safe equipment.
- Give the correct information, training and supervision for Opal Security Ltd’s employees.
- Certify that all our staff members are knowledgeable to do the tasks they are given and to provide them with the sufficient training.
-Continue to preserve the safe and healthy working conditions.
- Monitor and, if needed, modify this policy, periodically.
Opal Security Ltd.’s purpose for this ethics policy is to establish a culture of openness, trust and integrity in business practices. Effective ethics is a team effort involving the participation and support of every Opal Security Ltd. employee. Opal Security Ltd. is committed to protecting employees, partners and the company from illegal or damaging actions by individuals, either knowingly or unknowingly. Opal Security Ltd. will not tolerate any wrongdoing or impropriety at any time. Opal Security Ltd. will take the appropriate measures and act quickly in correcting the issue if the ethical code is broken.
Opal Security Ltd.’s organisation is dedicated to follow the legal requirements of the UK Bribery Act 2010. It does so by extending processes supported around six principles of, proportionality; first-class commitment; risk assessment; due diligence; communication; monitoring and review.